What I can offer1-to-1 PERSONAL TRAINING
When working with me as your personal trainer on a 1-to-1 basis, I will be purely focused on you and your goals. I incorporate the latest training techniques into your workout so that you get the maximum possible results with every session.
Workouts can be tailored to last anything from 30mins to 1hr depending on your fitness needs and goals.
You will also receive the following as part of your 1-to-1 Personal Training experience:
- The first appointment will be a private consultation with me to discuss your goals and assess your current health and your nutritional needs.
- A 30 minute training session will follow to give me an insight in to your current fitness and strength levels.
- You will be assessed for results every 2 to 4 weeks. This will include body measurements, endurance tests and strength assessment. In addition, your food diary will be assessed and returned with feedback each week.
If you’re looking to start building muscle, getting bigger, and becoming stronger, these are the things you need to do:
1. Lift heavy things
2. Eat a diet targeted towards your goals
There’s nothing more frustrating than putting in effort for months (or years) and not seeing results. Unfortunately, this is what I see from most people – lots of misguided effort in the gym and no changes or gains.
If you’re a beginner, just about any workout will be intense enough to make some minor but noticeable gains. But, if you want to maximise your gains as a beginner, or go that extra step as a seasoned lifter, runner or fitness lover, that’s where a 1-to-1 personal trainer is needed.
If instant gratification is your thing, exercise can be a drag. It’s not something you do once, then sit back and reap a lifetime of rewards. Those rewards only come with hard work, consistency and self-discipline.
Remember, you’re only as good as your last workout session. Or to put that another way, you only get health benefits from a session for up to about 48 hours afterwards and you’ll likely lose half your peak fitness if you don’t train at all for a week. Therefore, you need somebody who motivates you to train regularly and who makes those sessions fun and rewarding.
What is fitness?
Your overall fitness level can be broken up into three components:
- Cardiovascular fitness – your body’s ability to transport and utilise oxygen. This includes activities like walking, running, cycling, swimming and aerobics.
- Balance and flexibility improve the full range of motion of your muscles and joints. Yoga, tai-chi and pilates can all help you achieve this.
- Musculoskeletal fitness helps strengthen muscles, improve bone density, maintain a strong core and help you maintain a healthy weight.
All three forms of exercise are necessary for a strong, durable and healthy body.
NUTRITION AND DIET
More than half of the physical gains you can achieve will come from your diet. Working out regularly and effectively will only have limited success if it’s not backed up with healthy and sensible eating. As part of our 1-to-1 sessions, I will create a tailored food plan which will compliment your training goals. Don’t worry, this doesn’t mean you’ll be eating salad constantly. I will recommend you a balance of proven recipes, snacks and treats which will ensure your workouts reap maximum results.